Digital marketing is crucial for any startup business to succeed in the online world. One of the key features of digital marketing is search engine optimisation or what is commonly known as SEO. SEO involves making a site more visible to users in the search engines, hence generating more traffic and leads to your website.
Understanding Key Factors Affecting SEO for your Startup Business
The following are some of the key factors that affect your startup business’ SEO strategy:
1) Competitor research: Conducting research on your competitors is necessary if you want to understand what they do and how they do it. Research all aspects of their business – purchase keywords, links, content, demographics of users, and more.
2) Targeting keywords: There are different ways to target keywords in your SEO strategy. One way is to look at your competitors and see what they use as their most important search terms, then create competitive sets of keywords that complement those terms. Another way is to create a list of the top 100 search queries on Google, then find keywords that people would likely use in those searches.
3) SEO for specific niches: In order to do SEO for different niches, you must have a strategy that will work for each niche. Some examples of this are having a blog with lots of content on topics related to teaching, or having an exclusive event website where people can register.
Mistakes you Should Avoid Before Hiring an SEO Company in Singapore for your Startup
The first mistake most startups commit is that they don’t know what they need. They might have a general idea of what they want, but the problem is that their idea is too vague and not very specific. They might not know what keywords they want to rank for or what kind of content they want to publish on their website. And if you don’t know these things then it’s really difficult for an SEO company to work with you and provide you with any results. The second mistake is that startups hire an SEO company without doing any research themselves first, which means that the companies are just guessing about how much it will cost them and how long it will take for them to get results.
What Types of Services in SEO Packages that are Best for your Startup?
SEO agencies offer numerous types of services in SEO packages in Singapore. So which ones are good for startups? Let’s look at some of them:
1) Content Development: Content is the lifeblood of SEO, and it’s costly to do your own content. So many companies outsource this.
2) Link Building: This is a tricky one as there are so many ways to build links from organic sources that can yield high quality results.
3) Reputation Management: With social media continuing to take up more and more space we need to be proactive in ensuring that we are presented in the best light to our potential audience.
4) Social Media Management: Social media management is another service that you can get from a Singapore SEO company such as monitoring social media, generating social media content and doing social bookmarking for further optimization. It’s important to have a presence on social media channels as they are a great place for organic SEO.